1. Andrew Nuding’s favourite series is 'There’s Life in it Yet', which looks at the lives of those separate from society and the phenomenon of ‘hoarding’.
2. Nuding is 24, but he turned professional when he was 16 and shot for American Apparel when he was 17.
3. Nuding’s work captured the eyes of several people who wanted to work with him, so it wasn’t surprising when he had a book offer. However, nobody expected it to come from Korea, least of all Nuding himself. “It was very surreal to see my name on a book in a store in Seoul!”
4. Andrew has said ‘Not Today Satan’ to digital and has embraced film as his medium. “Not knowing how these images were going to turn out was always exciting for me, and in a way, it is still exciting today.”
5. Andrew has shot for Simone Rocha and is well on his way to becoming (as Miss Tyra Banks would say) a “noted fashion photographer”.
6. Andrew has creative control over his work but knows the importance of collaboration with client work. “You're always going to be hired from a client based on your work and vision, but working with an art director and client means there's going to be more input into the concept and final image. It becomes a collaboration of ideas when working with someone else.”
7. Andrew draws inspiration for his work from his family and friends. Awwwh.
8. Andrew likes his photos to be “Unexpected, beautiful, considered, and unnerving.”
9. Andrew started off in Dublin but now resides in London. That is, when he isn’t travelling around the world.
10. Currently, Andrew is working on new editorial work and is creating another book he hopes to finish later this year.
Photos courtesy of Andrew Nuding.
Check out more of Andrew's stuff on Instagram
May 25, 2017